Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Retailers, Please Stock in the Good Books!

I was walking down the aisle of the bookstore. I was there to find the latest book in demand. Meanwhile, I was catching the whiff of other books and it felt so immersive for a book addict like me. The scent and the solitude altogether were offering a magical environment to stay there forever. The bookstore was the biggest and most comprehensive one in the town. So, I was just hoping to find that book pretty soon. But as the saying goes when the man proposes, God disposes. That’s how God disposed of my proposal. Well, I would rather blame book retailer for that, not God.
Personally, I hated the fact that the bookstore didn’t have that book in the shelf. It was infuriating. Despite knowing about the huge demand, why couldn’t he/she keep the required stock?
Book reading is loved by millions around the world. Some crave for detective stories of Sherlock Holmes and some like May-December romances of Mills & Boons. So, when a book addict like me becomes a victim of stock outs, it makes my heart sink and darkness on my brain descends.
In fact, it is horrifying for retailers to see it happen. The logistics optimization and a seamless supply chain are what any retailer wants. The unequivocal demand from retailers is to provide them solutions. Obviously, new technology hasn’t disappointed but has started revolutionizing the retail sector. So, retailers should start learning to adapt what is in their benefit. Predictive analytics is for small or big bookstores, so that readers find the book in demand and which they are actually searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment