Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Santa, Please Bring those Kids Back!


Dear Santa,
Although I am not a kid still I am writing to you. I own a toy store for toddlers. Just a few years ago, it was the most loved toy store in our town. Everything was going fine but one day my store faced an acute crisis. The crisis was related to the shortage of toys in the store. It was heart-wrenching to witness tears in the eyes of those sweet little angels. As a retailer, I had never ever felt so bad in my entire life. This crisis has dragged me towards bankruptcy. I owe my life to these kids. They are my customers and it breaks my heart if I can’t fulfil what they demand.
And their sole demand is to buy toys they love. If they don’t see that on my store’s shelf then they start crying. Nowadays, I feel guilt-ridden and literally ashamed of myself.  I am seeking help from you, Santa. Bring them back so that I can cuddle them in my arms and gift them their favorite toys.
I know you must be thinking how the heck Santa is connected to any retailer in the world. I will tell you how? See, you gift tiny tots’ toys on Christmas. Those toys come from the toy shop which has an internal inventory management system. That inventory management is the spine of the supply chain. Supply Chain is of utmost priority to any retailer.
The implications of mismanaging the inventory will have a direct impact on the kids, we both love. And that’s how a toy retailer like me is related to you. I want help from you, Santa. In fact, this is a desperate call for help from you. I want those twinkling stars back in my shop. Please help me.
Lovingly yours,
A Sad Toy Retailer

No comments:

Post a Comment