Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Unlearning ‘Haste Makes Waste’

“Where is the tablet for migraine? I don’t see them in my cupboard”, Piya said in an irritable voice. “Hold on! Let me check”, I replied. Indeed, it was annoying. I found the tablet but it had already expired. My sweetheart was on the verge of tears along with spotty vision in both her eyes. Well, I tried my level best but a migraine can be very cruel. So, I hurriedly decided to check the tablet out in the nearest pharmaceutical store. Before that, I piled up all the soft cushioned pillows beside her. She couldn’t talk but for keeping a track, I kept her on the phone with me. While rushing towards the pharmaceutical store, I was so much worried about her. I reached the store only to hear that stock is there but it has expired. I had no time to waste so I ran towards another store only to find it there. “Don’t worry, I am coming in a minute”, I assured her on the phone.
Beyond the grief of seeing Piya tormented by migraine, I was irreversibly frustrated by the situation of the expiration of required medicine at stores. Why can’t, at least, medical stores track expiration issues which are critical for their consumers.
Around the world, too many drugs get wasted due to sheer ignorance and hastily taken decisions regarding inventory issues. There are technologies to avoid them and keep track of expiration issues. And informing stores about when to buy and how much to buy. So that working women like Piya do not have to go through so much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment